What is osteoarthritis (OA)? ¹
- Osteoarthritis, also called degenerative joint disease or degenerative arthritis, is the most common chronic condition of the joints—affecting approximately 27 million Americans.
- One in every two adults will develop knee osteoarthritis symptoms.
What am I experiencing?
- Limited range of motion or stiffness
- Swelling around the joint
- Pain worsening over time
- Difficulty with activities such as walking, climbing stairs, and lifting objects, when the lower body joints are affected
What are my treatment options?
- Weight management
- Pain and anti-inflammatory medications
- Physical therapy
- Knee replacement surgery